Digital partnership is a critical factor for achieving fast business growth. From the business development perspective, a strategic alliance can help any brand draw additional attention, growth, sales, and affiliate leads.
It’s no secret that lead generation remains one of the most reliable promotional methods for any service, product, or content. But the fact is, lead generation affiliate marketing is where brands discover the power of often underestimated and overlooked tactics.
Let’s take a closer look at how brands can tap into the potential of lead generation affiliate marketing and use innovative technology solutions to yield impressive results.
Brands & Affiliate Partnerships
Affiliate marketing talk typically stirs memories of publishers looking to monetise their websites through a widely popular AdSense programme.
Here’s a short — but entirely true — history behind the affiliate marketing industry.
A decade ago, most businesses and marketers didn’t take the cost per action or pay per lead affiliate programmes seriously. That’s understandable since the industry had a poor reputation at the time. Besides, it wasn’t yet widely incorporated into the marketing strategy of Fortune 500 companies like Walmart or Amazon.
Despite all this, numerous affiliate niches have grown over the years, making it clear that many brands have been missing out on quality affiliate leads and extraordinary marketing opportunities.
In 2010, affiliate marketing spending totalled $1.6 billion in the U.S. alone. Since then, the spending was estimated to reach $8.2 in the United States by 2022.
Marketing plans have undergone a considerable transformation over the course of 12 years, so did the standard MarTech stack and technology solutions. So, naturally, the way marketing experts serve ads and drive affiliate leads has also significantly changed.
Contrary to popular belief, the true power of affiliate marketing lies in its lead generation potential. Sure, specifying high-quality affiliate marketing leads remains a difficult task. That’s why brands typically rely on the essential lead generation components and technology solutions.
Components Of The Lead Generation Affiliate Marketing Process
The leads affiliate marketing offers are equally crucial in the lead generation process. For instance, pay-per-lead affiliate programmes help brands acquire a more substantial number of paying clients.
But apart from being captured, every marketing lead has to be meticulously evaluated and qualified by brands. So how can businesses ensure that?
Let’s look at some of the essential technology solutions and components of the process.
- Lead channels and sources:If you’re new to the industry, here’s what you need to bear in mind – never settle for one or two channels. The best approach is to test all of them and identify the best-performing ones. Afterwards, stay focused on generating a reliable stream of leads.
- Click tracking software: Utilising a click tracker is lead generation and affiliate marketing 101. Without it, it’s impossible to track offers and traffic or measure conversions and clicks. Lynx, Phonexa’s click tracking software, receives all the essential data about the visitor and performs real-time performance analysis.
- Marketing database: This is by far the principal element of the lead generation process. Without it, even the most enticing campaign won’t be effective or yield positive results. Affiliate marketing can come in handy in this case as well. It remains one of the most effective ways to enrich your lead generation database.
- Lead management system: Optimised strategies are at the core of the lead management process. It’s no secret that every marketer requires access to lead details. This way, they can make educated decisions and successfully optimise active campaigns. Ultimately, implementing an effective lead management system, like Phonexa’s LMS Sync, will strengthen your efforts and enhance your revenue.
Why Use Affiliate Marketing For Lead Generation
Lead capturing is essentially about collecting user data and understanding your audience. But it’s also about using this information to improve your engagement and nurturing tactics. Otherwise, all the information you collect will have little to no value.
Through utilising affiliate marketing practises, brands can significantly improve the impact of their lead generation campaigns.
Here’s an example that can help you understand how marketing experts can use lead generation affiliate marketing.
Let’s say that your brand creates an offer like a service discount. Here’s the principle:
- The objective of the offer is to collect specific user information. Users, in turn, get a discount in exchange for their personal data. But bear in mind that you need to target only a specific audience and ensure that you don’t waste any resources.
- Your company creates a landing page that provides all the information regarding this offer. At this point, you need to accurately represent your brand, its features, and its benefits.
- Then, affiliates drive traffic to this landing page and bring specific leads. The payout can be per visit, lead, conversion, etc.
- Finally, your company collects all the credible user information, evaluates leads, nurtures, and converts them.
When running cost per action or pay per lead affiliate programmes, brands need to pay particular attention to the programme strategy, authenticity, reliability, and proper execution. If done correctly, affiliate marketing channels can become the most effective sources of affiliate leads and new clients.
Gone are the days when affiliate marketing and lead generation were separate entities. Today, all marketing tactics are complementary and intertwined, making the difference between them purely educational.
If you’re a marketer looking to generate more quality leads and build optimised marketing strategies, give lead generation affiliate marketing a try and get insights and value from every lead.
Gain clarity on which channels you need to pursue and discover new business growth opportunities by scheduling a consultation with one of Phonexa’s experts.
Get in touch! We are available 24/7.